General Terms and Conditions
Oslo Kayak Tours aims to provide an unforgettable experience to our customers. Therefore we apply the highest standards concerning the safety of our guests and our guides’ competence.
Oslo, May 2021
- OKT observes strict health & safety procedures, however when dealing with nature there always exists an element of risk. Please be aware that kayaking does carry a small degree of risk.
- Safety instructions will be given before every tour; all our guests must agree to follow these instructions.
- OKT or our guides cannot be held responsible for personal injury, equipment loss or damage when this is caused as a consequence of not following instructions given.
- All our guides are trained in First Aid. On all tours they bring safety equipment, first aid equipment and communication devices.
- We reserve the right to make changes to the schedule or to cancel any tour or arrangement due to health, safety and weather conditions.
- We recommend all guests to have their own personal travel / medical insurance.
- We reserve the right to make changes and adjustments to these terms and conditions without prior notification to any client. We will do our utmost to fulfill the terms that you agreed upon when booking. Cancellation policy is not changeable.
- We offer boats with a capacity of 50-120 kg.
- Minimum age is 6 years.
- All participants have to be able to swim at least 200 m.
- We reserve the right to refuse participation to a client, if the person is e.g. intoxicated or in any other way not capable to sit in a kayak alone.
- By paying for a tour we will assume that any client have read and agreed to our terms and conditions.
- Any lawsuit against OKT or any of our guides must be carried out in a Norwegian court, following the laws of Norway.
Booking and Payment
- Our kayak tours or courses have to be booked and paid in advance in our webshop, by phone, by e-mail or at one of our sales agents
- The booking is binding when payment is done. Please print the confirmation voucher for proof of transaction and bring this with you to our base.
If client cancel before tour start, the following refund will apply:
- Cancellation up to 14 days before departure: 100 % of the trip price will be refunded.
- Cancellation up to 7 days before departure: 50 % of the trip price will be refunded.
- Cancellation later than 7 days before departure: The trip price will not be be refunded.
- We will deduct 120 NOK from refunds for international bank transfer fees.
- If a client does not show up at the appointed time, no refunds are made.
- Please make sure to show up at the appointed place in good time. If you are late the group may leave without you. If this occurs we will not refund or rebook your tour.
- To make cancellations, please send the booking confirmation by e-mail. Please state your name and your international bank account number.
Cancellations by OKT
- Bad weather is in general not a reason to cancel a tour. Wind provides a challenge we will seek to master and rain can have its fascinating sides on the fjord. In this case we will provide suitable rain protection. However, there are unforeseen situations where the safety of our guests might be endangered and we would for instance cancel a tour in case of a thunderstorm or dense fog. In this case we will try to reschedule your tour or refund the full trip price.
- We reserve the right of Force Majeure if an event beyond our control prevents your booking from being fulfilled. These are events and circumstances which we cannot, even with due care, have foreseen or avoided. Such events may include, but are not limited to, war, threat of war, civil commotion or strife, hostilities, strikes or other industrial dispute, natural disaster, fire, act of God, terrorist activities, technical problems with transportation, closures of airports, ports and/or ferries, quarantine, epidemics, wind and weather conditions, government action or other events outside our control. In case of a Force Majeure situation, refunds will not be issued, however, we will do our best to reschedule your tour.
- Rescheduling can be agreed for up to 2 years after the agreed upon tour.
- Unless a private tour is arranged, our tours take place with a minimum of 3 participants. If we have to cancel a tour for that reason, we will do our best to rescedule your tour or to refund your money.
Health and Fitness
- Though our regular scheduled tours are not strenuous, a certain degree of agility and fitness is recommended.
- Please advise your guide if you have any physical conditions that may affect your enjoyment of our kayak tour.
- Since our groups are small, we are normally able to adapt the pace of the tour to our guests. If you are looking for exercise, please be aware that our regular tours are not meant to be this, you will be asked to adjust your speed to the other clients and the guides pace.
- Kayaking is a water sport. We will do our best to keep you dry, but some contact with salt water is unavoidable. Please bring suitable clothing. We will provide shoes for you.
- Please bring a dry shift of clothes – in case you are going to swim – more or less voluntary.
- All participants must wear life vests.
- For safety reasons the group should stick together. Participants who leave the group, do this at their own risk. The tour guides are not responsible for people who leave the group.
- If not otherwise stated, food and beverage are not included in the price.
- What to bring:
- Sun protection
- (if possible watertight) bag to stow away valuables
- Secure glasses so you can’t lose them in the water.
- Something to eat and drink during breaks, it is not everywhere possible to buy something.
We are looking forward to see you!